Mobile scaffolding is a temporary structure used for construction purposes. It facilitates or support work crew during the development of various types of house maintenance and remedial works carried out on the property whether it is residential or commercial. Mobile scaffolding is the best alternative to a ladder that can be used by trades or home DIY getting their hands dirty! Used in major construction projects for the safety and protection of the work environment. The mobile scaffold is erected according to the Australian manufacturer’s instructions. Transom scaffolding is the Australian company that provides instructions & direction for the safe erection of mobile scaffolding:
- First, fit castors in a base-frames
- Secondly, a horizontal brace is attached to a vertical tube of the base frame
- Thirdly, the spare end of brace attaches with another base frame. But just remember the second step horizontal brace will have a similar position on the base frame.
- Next, the plan brace attaches diagonally into a direction of the horizontal place supported to the base frames
- After that, attach diagonal braces to the base unit
- At step six, insert riser frames of the base frame
- In the seventh step, insert working platforms
- After that, the two horizontals must be clipped with a required platform level
- Next, repeat step six and eight unless the work crew reaches the top of the working platform
- Two diagonals fit at the top platform level
- Fit toe boards and ladders accordingly at each level
- Examine properly or make sure that all wheels must be locked
- Before using any tower, it must ensure that scaffold built correctly
- Finally, assure the safety compliance sticker for a safe working environment
All such steps are required to erect scaffold safely and execute work at any site properly. However, unsafe scaffolding may result in serious injury or death. The main purpose of mobile scaffolding is to get access/viewing towers, ski ramps, grandstand seating, concert stages, forms of shoring, and art projects. Erect scaffolding is a dangerous work by nature. Therefore, only licensed or qualified professional dismantles and erect scaffolding. An Australian Standard AS/NZS 4576 governed towards advanced certificates of dismantling and erect scaffolding. The only exception is if the mobile tower does not exceed 4 meters in height and 1 standard 1.8 or 2.4 bay in width then it can be assembled via the hirer directly.